As a Forum Theatre intern, you will:
- work closely with Forum staff, attend company meetings
- create individual projects that allow you to bring your ideas to the organization
- have full access to the rehearsal process
- attend all Forum productions for free
Recent intern classes included MFA graduate students from Catholic University and University of Florida. We are happy to work with your school to create an internship for course credit.
Forum internships are volunteer positions and housing is not provided.
Artistic & Management Internship:
- Work with the Artistic or Managing Director of Forum to create a new project or artistic initiative for the coming season — and then take the lead on implementing it. Interns will also have the chance to take part in literary management, administration, marketing, and/or development, depending on their interests.
- Internships available for September-December, February-May, or over the summer.
- Serve as the assistant to the director for a Forum production, and take part in dramaturgy and production meetings.
- Internship available only for the winter production of The Language Archive.
Stage Management Internship:
- Work with the Production Stage Manager to facilitate and coordinate rehearsals, production meetings, and tech week. The intern will receive either a run crew or sound position during the run of the show depending on his/her interests.
- Internships are available for Mad Forest (September/October), The Language Archive (February/March), and The Illusion (May/June).
- Work alongside some of the best designers in the DC area and gain professional experience in scenic, sound, and lighting design.
- Subject to availability. Please contact us for more information!